[iTunes] Another 8/9 shortfall

list boy i.am.list.boy at gmail.com
Mon Sep 28 14:48:02 PDT 2009

Wasn't it possible back in 7 to set different import settings for
mono/stereo?

I have an app (StarPlayr) that records satellite radio as an AIFF;
then iTunes encodes as mp3.

My problem is I want  to record in the morning (Howard Stern) at 24
kbps, then later on record music (at 128 kbps).

I seem to remember older versions being able to accommodate this. Now
it seems like one size fits all.