[BusMac] fax and email sw

Stan Gould stan at stangould.com
Sat Nov 23 05:18:35 PST 2002

At 10:04 PM -0500 11/22/02, Paul Vail, After Hours wrote:
>I need a great simple way to turn email into a fax with minimal fuss
>-- automated such that any email account checked periodically would
>automatically have that email faxed off to a preprogrammed phone
>number.
>
>OS X or OS 9, makes no difference -- but one program, not a whole
>gaggle of them.
>
>paul

Paul:

One possible solution is not a program, but a service. By using the
services of J2.com
(formerly JFAX.xom), you can fax a document or email message by sending it to
an address composed of the <country code# fax#@j2.com>. The body of the email
message (or attached file) will be faxed to the number.

To automate the process, perhaps you can have an apple script written
to automatically
forward email messages to this email-to-fax J2 address?

You will need to sign up for a J2 FAX number for this service. But,
they are not
costly, about 12 bucks a month, and you can use it for voice mail/fax
reception as
well.

Stan