[BusMac] fax and email sw

Tom Rymes rymes at mac.com
Sat Nov 23 09:13:18 PST 2002

On Saturday, November 23, 2002, at 12:11  AM, Randy B. Singer wrote:

> Bill Treadway said:
>
>> I'm not
>> aware of and good osX fax software.
>

> For sending faxes from your computer under OS X, check out:
>
> Page Sender ($30)
> http://www.smilesoftware.com/pagesender.html

I will second the recommendation for Page Sender, it is an excellent
program. I had used cocoa eFax, but PageSender is definitely better.
(Though not free...). However, consider HylaFAX if you are willing to
get into a more complicated setup. I don't recommend trying to compile
it on OS X, as it is a bit of a pain, especially considering how easy
it is on Linux. (This assumes that you have a linux box already....)

Another option (classic and OS 9 only) is finding an old Global Village
OneWorld on eBay or elsewhere. It's a little box that plugs into your
ethernet network (or LocalTalk for that matter) and has one or two
modems in it. Can be used for faxing, Remote access, or network modem
(Though limited to 19.2kbs) The driver software (a special version of
GloabalFax) is hard to find, but let me know and I can locate it.

Tom