Netscape 7 windows resize automatically to 5by50 pixels

John Richardson richards at spawar.navy.mil
Tue Feb 18 17:57:04 PST 2003

Hello,

I clicked on the automatic resize button (the green gumdrop) in the
Netscape window this weekend and suddenly it resized the window to 5
by 50 (width by height) pixels in size. Now, all browser main windows
and newsgroup windows resize to 5 by 50. However, the preferences
windows, bookmarks window, composer and security splash screens
(among others) display at normal sizes.

I reinstalled Netscape and the same behavior occurs. The main display
window and the newsgroup window are scrunched into a thin line on the
screen.

Macintosh OS X 10.2.3 and also OS 10.2.4. Netscape 7.0 and Netscape
7.01 Host is a G3 Blue and White.

Any ideas on how to correct the behavior and produce full size
windows from thses scrunched down browser GUI's? I prefer not to use
IE but It has become a necessity. Preferences file to trash?
Location? Plist file to trash? Location? Whatever.....?

John F. Richardson