Kensington MouseWorks

Roy Preston mail at roypreston.co.uk
Wed Jan 21 03:40:32 PST 2004

Does anybody on the list use a Kensington mouse with MouseWorks software?

Difficult to describe the problem?: There's an intermittent delay
between Clicking the button and getting a response.

For instance: If I go to the desktop, click anywhere, hold for a
tenth of a second, then drag out a selection marquee, it's OK. But.
If I don't hold it for that tenth of a second, the marquee won't
start to appear until my cursor has travelled way down the screen!
You have to DO it to understand what I'm getting at. It's driving me
crazy, and Kensington can't help.

It's the same for all mouse actions; clicking menus, selecting text,
grabbing icons. Sometimes I click on an icon and drag it to a new
location and find it's not attached to the cursor. It's as if the
mouse software keeps shutting down for a second every five seconds.

I have three different models of Kensington mouses, and it doesn't
matter what Mac OS I'm using. The Mac mouse is fine.

Surely I'm not the only one with this problem?

Roy P