[BusMac] Web Design

Randy B. Singer randy at macattorney.com
Thu Jan 22 22:24:21 PST 2004

lslw at swbell.net said:

>Does anyone on the list know of a web design app that is as easy to use
>as the Homepage part of dot mac from Apple? I have GoLive but it is no
>where near as easy. Sure it can do a whole lot more but I am looking
>for simple, nice, and quick.

I hear this question a lot.

Here are some suggestions:

Mozilla (FREE) (The included Composer environment is an excellent, very
easy to use, WYSIWYG Web page design program.)
For OS 9:
<http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/releases/mozilla1.2.1/mozilla-macos9-1.
2.1-stub.bin>
For OS X:
<http://www.mozilla.org/products/mozilla1.x/download/>

These two products come with an assortment of ready-to-use templates,
which make it really easy to quickly create a professional looking Web
site.

RapidWeaver ($25)
http://www.realmacsoftware.com/rapidweaver.php

Freeway Express ($79), a version of the pro-level WYSIWYG program for
ordinary users, with a simplified interface and many web site templates.
http://www.softpress.com/en/freeway/express

I hope this helps.

Randy B. Singer

How To Deal With Common OS X 10.3 Panther Problems
http://www.macattorney.com/panther.html