[BusMac] Mass emailer program, better than entourage?

Dean Suhr deansuhr at carpedis.com
Fri Jan 23 16:24:57 PST 2004

I have a couple of recommendations ...

A true list management program that is rock-solid is LetterRip Pro.  It was
developed by the developers of Entourage and Claris eMailer.  It's not free
and it might offer more than you need for a periodic announcement.  There is
a free trial period. <www.letterrip.com>.  LetterRip will allow you to set
up discussion lists as well (if that is of interest).

I also use  Intellimerge from Intelli Innovations </www.intellisw.com>.
This software is designed for sending announcement style emails and allows
your to insert custom fields for greetings, personalized numbers, etc.  I
import my email address list and other information in each week for a
mailing I make to several hundred folks - you could do so with your
FileMaker database.  It sends individual emails and will handle 4,000 very
easily.

Both are OS X and might still be available in OS 9.

Dean