re - introductions

After Hours ahclist at afterhoursconsulting.org
Tue Jun 1 15:07:30 PDT 2004

On Jun 1, 2004, at 4:43 PM, Business Macintosh List wrote:

>> Maybe we should exchange brief (re-)introductions--who we are, what
>> our
>> businesses are about (no ads please!), our interest in the Mac and in
>> this list.

I had to smile when I read that... how can you tell folks who you
without it being an 'ad' :) ?    My name is Paul Vail, owner of After
Hours Macintosh Consulting of Raleigh, NC.   We are an outsource
provider of hardware/software/internet-hosting business support
(on-site or tele-support) -- and joined this list early on to promote
or encourage folks into using Macs for business needs.  (My gripe: just
once, I'd like to see Apple run an ad:
'Macs: first with Word and Excel, still the best business choice."
Managers have 'Think Different' beaten out of them early on -- you have
to lead a horse to water in the most obvious of ways.)

I've contacted Eric regarding the server issues, but have not heard
back from him -- an un-Eric occurrance.  If he doesn't get back to me
in a short while, I'm happy to open the subscription up to anyone
interested in continuing the list on one of our servers.  I certainly
don't want to poach his lists, but if his staff aren't monitoring
things here, I'd rather this resource not completely die.  Let's give
him a few days to work out whatever Macjordomo is doing to him.  I'll
try to call him in a few minutes, too.

- vail

Paul Vail
AfterHoursConsulting.org / RDUonline.com