Fan Install NIGHTMARE followup

Joel Pelletier joelp at joelp.com
Fri Dec 6 17:57:29 PST 2002

Thanks for the input so far. I am checking the DC board with my tech
this evening. If I am VERY lucky, I need to just replace that. Any
suggestions on where to track one down would be appreciated.

I have NOT removed the GeForce3 fan, and will not (thank for the
advice). But the noise is a f*cking drag... What if the Panaflo fan
was installed UNDER the bottom cage of the Cube (i.e. externally),
but towards the back so it also blew across the video card? Would I
still need to keep the nVidia fan hooked up?

Who knows which of the current huge hard drives (180-200gb) are the
QUIETEST? I wioll have a fan in my Cube (eventually), so I would like
to increase my current 75GB IBM 7200 DeskStar with something like a
120-160-180GB Maxtor/Western Digi/IBM/Seagate. I've maxxed out the
RAM, and will be getting a dual 1gz or 1.4gz card early next year.

Cubes rule - and so does this list. Thanks all,

Joel Pelletier
http://www.joelp.org