[CUBE] Noise?

Jim Clark jclark6 at cox.net
Sat Dec 7 11:14:01 PST 2002

No flame.

James, you may already have a high tone loss.  I suffered hearing loss
in the Navy operating a  125K HP steam turbine and 2 500 KW steam
driven generators. A lot of  high pitched noise. I also work in a
server room with apx. the same amount of equipment you support. I have
measured the noise level and it is apx. 50 DB. I think around 85 DB the
noise level is considered a hazard. You and I work in production
settings where noise comes with servers with multiple fans. Our routers
and vent fans add even more noise.

Many Cube users are artist and noise is a distraction to them. They may
have only one machine running in a study or a office setting.

BTW I purchased a NeXT Cube because I liked my cube so much. I may have
a few questions for you.