[CUBE] MacUpdate...(OOOF).. Took a Dump!...

Laurie A Duncan laurie at cubeowner.com
Sat Dec 14 14:17:43 PST 2002

On 12/14/02 4:43 PM, N8NOE at comcast.net typeth:

> http://www.macupdate.com/

I have very little sympathy for a website that serves thousands and
thousands of visitors a day while not having an actual backup of any of
their data. By their own admission:

"we are in a very bad position, as the MacUpdate site and database are not
backed up outside of this drive. "

Um... You mean your backup is on the same drive? How is that a backup? My
personal data is far less important to far fewer people and my own HD is
backed up religiously to several different HD's. Maybe they should have
searched their own database for some nifty little utilities that will
automate the backup process for them!

Oh well, I prefer VersionTracker.com anyway.