My Cube got rained on!

Michal the Milkman moo at MichaltheMilkman.com
Sun Dec 15 16:28:07 PST 2002

Hello Everyone,

Okay, here's a situation for the collective experts:

Yesterday, during a rainstorm, several big drops of water made their way
through a leak in the roof and landed right on my cube before I could
stop 'em. The cube shut down and now I can't get any display. The drops
entered right down the rear vent on the top, opposite the CD slot. I'm
assuming the video card sits beneath. I've dried everything well and
restarted a number of times. I get lights and the start-up chime but no
display. I've got the 17" flat panel and the usual power light on it
comes on and pulses normally. The hard drive seems to be doing it's usual
thing as well. I was able to load and eject a CD. No luck using the
FireWire Disk mode with a flat panel iMac for control. Maybe I can get
another video card in there on the cheap? Any tests I can run to isolate
the problem?

Thanks much folks,