[CUBE] recommend good multifunction printer

Christian Leue c.leue at mac.com
Tue Apr 8 14:01:12 PDT 2003

Hi Hal!

I just bought the new HP PSC 1210 all-in-one and am very pleased with
it. Software installation worked without a problem and sharing to other
Macs in the home network went just as smooth. TWAIN drivers get
installed, so Photoshop and Word can capture without problem, but the
native Image Capture application did not find the scanner - I can live
with that. Print quality is totally acceptable. The physical footprint
is very small, so you can hide it in a corner (it will never match the
stunning looks of the Cube). Purchase price was ridiculously low, and I
am well aware that the ink cartridges and print heads will cost me an
arm and a leg - but for home use, printing 2 or 5 pages per week, it is
absolutely OK and if my print volume picks up, I've got my eye on the
Minolta magicolor 2350...

Cheers,
Christian