[CUBE] W O W ! ! !

abillups at mac.com abillups at mac.com
Sat Apr 12 09:08:50 PDT 2003

My girlfriend got one of those transmitter things for her iPod, and she
never could get it to work, although the Apple Store assured her it
would. She called the company, and they said it could not be used in
the LA or SF area because too many stations. Also limited use in other
large metro areas. She travels alot, so it was not a solution. She is
back to the tape like thingie.

On Saturday, April 12, 2003, at 08:23  AM, Lee Ligon wrote:

> At 12:24 PM 4/12/2003 +0200, you wrote:
>> That's the Griffin iTrip. See
>> http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/itrip/
>> Unfortunately only announced sofar, not available yet. I ordered one
>> in January, still waiting.
>>
>> cheers
>> Rob
>

> A less cool looking, but similarly functioning item
> (http://www.arkon.com/SF120.htm) is also available.  They were
> originally made to play portable CD players through your car (or
> other) stereo.  I used this one to listen to my ipod on my car stereo
> until I got a new car stereo that has a Aux input on the front (which
> works REALLY well).  The FM transmitter things work well when you are
> in an area where there are not many competing radio stations, but
> isn't a very good solution for car trips where you go in an out of
> different radio station ranges (because you set it to a particular
> unused frequency).
>
> Lee
> (a lurker)

> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <Cube-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
> T3Hub  |  3 Port USB Hub weighs less than an ounce!

>   Outpost    | http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

>  Dr. Bott    |    <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ADCExtension.html>

Ann Billups
abillups at earthlink.net