[CUBE] what scanner? what digi camera, what printer

abillups at mac.com abillups at mac.com
Sun Apr 13 09:28:11 PDT 2003

I can second the opinion of Canon scanners and printers. Two years ago
we got tired of the expensive Epson replacement cartridges at our
school and after research, went for Canon. They have individual
replacement cartridges, and they can be refilled. The individual tanks
are about half the cost of the Epson ones. You just have to remember to
remove the cartridges and store them in a plastic bag during the
summer, so they won't dry out.
The price was somewhere around $79 for the education volume price. Our
IT director was so impressed that he is recommending them for the other
schools in the district.

I personally just bought a new Canon LiDE Scanner from the Apple Store
and it has worked like a charm. It replaced my UMAX 1200U that I got
with my original iMac, and I couldn't be happier. Came with OS X
drivers and is very quick. $99.

Ann Billups
abillups at earthlink.net