what scanner? what digi camera, what printer

SnowWhite jj4 at sympatico.ca
Sun Apr 13 09:34:13 PDT 2003

On Sunday, April 13, 2003, at 08:07  AM, Cube List wrote:

> what scanner? what digi camera, what printer

Well I suggest a used colour laser printer with ethernet connections
(must have ethernet).  Zerox or Tektronix are very good and will
produce colour copies almost identical to a Hiedlburg or sheetfed
printer. Other printers may be as accurate with colour as these.  The
only drawback to these high end printers is that the ink is costly. New
they are a few grand, but used much less -maybe a couple hundred on
ebay. Take your time to find the deal you want, and if you are in the
USA and print enough, Xerox will give you a printer for free. (Check
out their website)

As to a digital camera- the Olympus C720 was about $800 new and has an
8X optical zoom (and a 3X digital). The high optical zoom and the 3
megapixal  ability make thia a very versatile camera. Olympus has
released the C730 a few months ago so the 720 is one version back. You
can find them on ebay for arround $300 but if you are patient - I got
mine for $235. But I would go look at a used camera store as well as
ebay and also explore sites like Dealmac.com or Pricegrabber.com.

A scanner, well, I need one of these still and I have not done my
research as yet but some features I have seen that would be good are
USB connect, slide/negative built in, top adjusts  for books and it is
not built totally of plastic. Everything I have seen has looked kind of
weak as if made of cheap plastic and I am having a hard time finding
the high end DPI that my Umax SCSI scanner gives.

Good luck

jj