[CUBE] 10.2.5

Alan Thompson athomp2 at mac.com
Tue Apr 15 11:45:12 PDT 2003

so, you're saying that a particular application is having problems
keeping a network session established, then you have to quit that app,
and restart it?

that just doesn't add up to me.  a good way to test intermittent tcp
connectivity would be to run a continuous ping over an hour or so, and
log its output to a file, then look at that file for how many missing
entries there are, but be sure the target host is nearby and reliable -
like your default gateway would be a good choice.  or simply ftp a
large file somewhere a few successive times to see if it transfers
every time, or if it can't complete the upload/download.

what you describe sounds like an application is having problems in
general, and not necessarily with network connectivity.  what's the app?