[CUBE] Urgent - on site- kernel panic

Matthew Herrebout mherrebout at real.com
Fri Apr 18 15:08:59 PDT 2003

At 02:55 PM 4/18/2003, you wrote:
>only USB devices

bzzzzz! I found out just a week ago that usb devices can and will cause
apps to crash. My usb flatbed scanner was causing a conflict with a film
scanner because they were both plugged in at the same time.

The result was that certain *software* acted slow, then crashed. Solution:
unplugged the flatbed. As a troubleshooter, IMHO, you must look
suspiciously on hardware.

BTW, think of the unix command line as a second way, a bonus method, a
wonderful gift from Up Above, to troubleshoot problems. The Classic OSes
never had it.