[CUBE] Offering email addresses to spammers as a policy

mentholiptus mentholiptus at mac.com
Mon Apr 21 20:30:38 PDT 2003

On Monday, April 21, 2003, at 10:22  PM, Allan Hise wrote:

> Jesse, don't take this as a personal attack, because it isn't. All I
> can
> say is that one is naive to think that messages posted to a public
> forum
> via your email (this mailing list) will *not* have your address
> archived
> somewhere on the internet (or "anywhere on the web"). If one does not
> actively try to disguise their address, spammers somehow, some way will
> get it. I'm not saying I like it or condone it, but it is currently a
> fact
> of life. One must therefore take appropriate measures. I personally
> have a
> nice set of procmail recipes and a specially developed muscles that
> make
> reaching for the d(elete) key nealry effortless.
>
> Allan

That's fine, because I don't care. I was just commenting on how I've
noticed the same spam that gnarlodious had, and laurie went out to
gather whatever she could to get back at me for upsetting her in a
previous mail...so I was trying to set it straight that *I* had never
personally posted my email anywhere.

I agree with you though. SPAM sucks, but it's rampant, and near
impossible to avoid these days. Sad.

jesse

.