Re: ThermoInDock shows constant 126 °C on Cube

Volker Schmidt volkomat at gmx.net
Wed Apr 23 09:58:54 PDT 2003

On Mittwoch, Apr 23, 2003, at 18:18 Europe/Berlin, John T. Folden wrote:

> On Wednesday, April 23, 2003, at 08:24  AM, Allan Hise wrote:
>

>> Some versions of the G4 do not have the built-in thermal monitor. I
>> didn't
>> think any of those made it into the cube, but you never know.
>>

> Yup, mine is one of them... a 7410 G4 500.  In mid-April 2001 Apple
> reportedly switched to the 7410, which supposedly runs
> cooler than the previous G4 used in earlier Cubes.  The 7410 does
> not work with ThermoInDock, apparently.

Is there an easy way to find out, what CPU type of the G4 I'm running?
System Profiler says, it's 450MHz. That's what I payed. ;-)

--volker

PS: Obviously I'm a totally newbee in the Apple & Cube world. Switched
from a pure *IX-Workstation and happy with it.
--
Love like a burning fire // 	Creeping up on you // Watch as the flame
grows higher // Can you see it through? -- Baclay James Harvest, Love