Studio Display High-frequency Noise

Kim Kyoung Seop coreblue at hanafos.com
Thu Apr 24 00:18:26 PDT 2003

My 2 years old Apple Studio Display 15" LCD makes annoying high-pitched
noise.

I'm not talking about the buzz coming whenever you decrease the
brightness. I'm talking about the noise always on, very very
high-pitched sound. It started last week and stops only when sleep or
shut down.
Weird thing is my wife barely hear it! She is not so deaf or dull.

I've heard some capacitors of a display make such noise and you should
have it repaired. But my studio display is out of warranty.

How can I eliminate the noise?