[CUBE] Slow, choking 9.2.2

Erik Ness erikness at tds.net
Tue Apr 29 07:27:17 PDT 2003

At 6:39 PM +0900 4/29/03, Sergei Zak wrote:
>OK it's in the subject that we talk about OS 9 here.
>I believe iCab is the finest browser out there for the good'ole 9.2.2.
>Built-in pop-up killer, banner networks filter (customizable). Convenient
>download manager (you can stop and resume downloads, can you with Safari?)
>fast, small and nice font rendering. International support (did you mention
>it was written by a German). It takes Netscape-style plugins (ShockWave,
>Flash, you-name-it), did you forget other browsers must have their own in
>MacOS 9? All-in-all, I like it. The website might tell you more about
>features.

I love iCab. I've been using it for years, and I paid for it the
first chance I got. I regularly submit bug reports. In this case,
however, iCab chokes worse than IE. In fact, I resisted using IE
until just last year, but when the iCab people were unable to tell me
what was wrong, or how to fix it, I had to move on. Whenever a new
release comes along I try it again, but still no luck.

Cheers,

Erik