Machine Woes

Seth Silzer cap at mac.com
Tue Apr 29 10:37:48 PDT 2003

Hey all,

My cube is on the fritz and I wonder if any of you have had a similar experience.

Things I have added:

Flashed PC Gefore3 Card
Panaflow Fan (the higher RPM Fan)
120 GB hard drive with 8mb cache

Everything else is oem.

The problem is that I came home one day and now my machine has no video.  It worked fine for a while, but now when I try to boot in ten, the gray apple screen comes up but when it goes into the blue screen where it is loading start up items my apple vga studio display goes dark and its power light amber but my cube appears awake.  I took it into an apple authorized repair center and they think it is either a heat or voltage issue.  I have also tried booting into nine and the display also goes to energy saving mode like it is not getting a signal.  My brother got the machine to boot as an external firewire drive just fine.  Anyone have any suggestions or ideas?  Heat or voltage?

Seth

Sorry about the run-on sentence.