Open Firmware overclocking

Chris Nelson chrisnelson at mac.com
Tue Apr 29 10:20:25 PDT 2003

I tried this last week on a lark, fairly certain that it would not work.

Unfortunately, I was right.

The cube rebooted perfectly and did report a clock speed of 533 with a
bus speed of 133. However, testing revealed absolutely no change in
performance from the stock 450 MHz configuration.

My totally uninformed guess is that this script alters nothing other
than the data that is returned to Apple System Profiler by the NVRAM.
(i.e. The cube is still running at 450 with 100 bus, but ASP is
retrieving data for 533 with 133...)