[CUBE] OT: pismo vs ibook

Robert Jagitsch robertj at powerlogix.com
Fri Aug 8 10:59:42 PDT 2003

>I just bought a pismo on ebay, it's coming today.
>
>What's nice is that it has a 100mhz bus, and I think 1mb backside, and other
>goodies to make it zippy that can be missing from an ibook.
>
>I'll probably put a g4 in it.
>
>Correct me if I'm wrong but doesn't OSX work better with g4's?
>
>All of my computers have g4's in them and I don't seem to have the same
>speed issues as most people.

OS X kernel has no code that is optimized for G4.

The G3 900 is faster overall by a wide margin, even when comparing
Altivec tasks, which for most people are but a tiny percentage of
tasks. I don't know anyone who rips MP3s 8 hours a day. :) But even
if they did, the G3 900 is faster.

----
PowerLogix
8701 W. Parmer Lane, Suite 1120