[CUBE] OT: pismo vs ibook

david sarcastix david at sarcastix.com
Fri Aug 8 12:28:08 PDT 2003

> Maybe not the kernel, but what about Quartz, Aqua, Quicktime, etc...
> All the built in tech that gives an overall feeling of smoothness in
> the OS X environment?
>
> I don't doubt a 900MHz G3 is snappy, but a LOT of OS X *IS* optimized
> for the G4. I can tell you that with confidence after using a G4 450
> Cube with a G3 450 B&W for the last year. HUGE difference between the
> two.

Well, I guess I'm not crazy then, because with all the people commenting on
OSX slowness, I had this feeling that these were people with g3's.

I just rarely get the spinning beach ball, or finder slowness that people
crab about. For me OSX is a smooth and responsive environment. I think a lot
of people say, "I don't use photoshop or after effects so a g4 is a waste".

I have never used OSX with anything other than g4's, and while it's not
ZIPPY I'm not bugged by it either.

David Sarcastix

http://www.sarcastix.com