[CUBE] What's wrong with itunes -or is it me?

JKnapp915 at aol.com JKnapp915 at aol.com
Mon Aug 11 20:22:18 PDT 2003

In a message dated 8/11/03 4:47:40 PM, jj4 at sympatico.ca writes:

<< itunes will burn a CD but it is very inconsistent. One of three CDs is
just fine but the other two make low grade coasters.  The medium seem
to work with Toast 5 for OSX consistently but itunes takes forever.  If
I burn 65 minutes to CD Toast will do it in about 35 minutes at 2X
speed but itunes take it sweet time at 1.5 hours even at 4X speed. I am
using the largest buffer.

I am using a 450 Cube with 1 gig RAM and my burner is a USB Lacie 4X
CDRW (fully supported in OSX itunes and Apple CD burn program). >>

Not sure what you're doing wrong.  I use Toast Titanium (5, I think) and it
burns a disk pretty consistently (i failure in thirty disks or so) in about 20
minutes at 4x. 80minute disk.  I have a 450 cube with a lot less memory than
you have, so I have to think it's something in the software.  I use an Iomega
disk burner, FWIW.
Jack