[CUBE] Sick nVidia GF3

Jesse Volner mentholiptus at mac.com
Wed Aug 20 14:02:14 PDT 2003

On Wednesday, December 31, 1969, at 04:35PM, Roy Hackett <newthings at earthlink.net> wrote:

>I pulled out the GF3 and put the stock ATI back in.  All is well.
>So, how  do you get a video card fixed when nVidia has  no end user
>support?
>Ideas?

I hate to say it, but it sounds like it's toast. :(

Even if they (apple or nvidia) did offer support, they'd probably say that the cube isn't a supported machine, and you'd still be SOL.

My advice, look around and see if you can't find a Radeon 7500 for ~$100. Find a forum where anyone with a 2002 quicksilver might want to upgrade their video card and offer to buy it off them...it's the best way to get a fair price. DON'T MENTION that you want it for a G4 Cube...as soon as anyone hears that, they'll assume your a chump willing to pay out the arse...

Good luck chief.

jesse

.