virus??

Robert Weller n6ne at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 20 21:10:38 PDT 2003

You have to be careful NOT to mark the SOBIG.F  emails
as JUNK.  All of the messages use 'spoofed' e-mail
addresses, so many of them appear to come from people
you know.  If you mark them as JUNK, all future legit
messages will also go into the JUNK folder.  It's much
better just to DELETE them.

I wrote a little rule in mail.app that simply moves
into a separate folder any messages with the 9 known
SOBIG.F subject lines:

Re: Details
Re: Approved
Re: Re: My details
Re: Thank you!
Re: That movie
Re: Wicked screensaver
Re: Your application
Thank you!
Your details

Now the SOBIG.F messages don't clutter my inbox and I
can delete them at any time.

Bob

<4BEA9613-D331-11D7-A489-003065A9017E at suresoftware.com>