[CUBE] Off topic

Gnarlodious gnarlodious at mac.com
Sun Aug 31 07:59:17 PDT 2003

Entity Ann Billups spoke thus:

> Do any of you have suggestions for a basic web page development program
> that will run under OS9?
I do all my authoring in Tex-Edit and iCab, they make a great team:
http://www.Tex-Edit.com/index.html

http://www.icab.de/

And what is so great about this team? Tex-Edit is free and very
configurable, the color-coding of HTML elements makes for a very readable
text page.
iCab includes an "Error report", so you get a real-time critique of your
HTML and you can find the errors immediately. Also you can tell iCab to open
any source page in any editor you want, which no other browser features.

But if what you want is WYSIWYG, I can't advise. The above recommendation is
still text editing of HTML. There isn't any WYSIWYG web page editor that
writes "clean" code. CSS is a great invention and allows you to see an
uncluttered source page, but those "dirty" editors are all working with 10
year old HTML.

-- Gnarlie
http://www.Spectrumology.com
Spectrumology is the science of chaos.