Video cards, again...

Christian Leue c.leue at mac.com
Sat Dec 6 03:13:03 PST 2003

Hi CubeFolks!

Despite the flurry of valuable information discussed here, I must admit
I'm still confused about which card should replace my Rage128.

I have a Geforce 4 MX and a Radeon 7500 available, and I do not worry
about having to relocate the DC board. I would like to drive dual
displays, but I've been cautioned that at least the 7500 would require
a fan, which I will not tolerate. Does anybody here have the Geforce 4
MX running without a fan on dual displays?

If I have to give up my hope for dual displays, can somebody suggest
which of the two cards I should install? Since I am also installing the
Gigadesigns CPU card, the lower heat output would then be the decisive
factor (with my simple iTunes/Safari/iPhoto/Mail/DVD-Player use, the
graphics speed difference is probably not noticeable between the two
cards).

Cheers,
Christian