[CUBE] Giga upgrade - Its all good...

John Murray audiqcoupe at yahoo.com
Sat Dec 13 19:01:41 PST 2003

All:

I did the Giga upgrade about 1 week after it was
released. Stable out of the box. I ran at 900 Mhz for
two weeks and upped the ante to 1Ghz a week ago. No
problems from the first time I hit the switch.

I did use thermal paste. I do not use a fan and the
air coming out feels quite cool . The warmest was when
I ran the "filevault" conversion in Panther which
worked the hard disk for 45 minutes or so. No wake
from sleep problems. Only criticism is total lack of
documentation regarding installation.

Day-to-day user experience is excellent. Can use FCP
on the cube(finally) now.

Giga gets my vote...

John

450 -> 1G giga CPU upgrade