issues with built in firewall

a l a n t h o m p s o n athomp2 at mac.com
Sat Dec 13 19:12:46 PST 2003

i know there are other resources for info on this, but i thought i'd
ask this community first.

i'm about to use my cube to host email for one of my domains, however
when i go to mess around with the firewall in the gui in system prefs,
it mentions that i can't even activate the firewall because some other
firewall is already running.  this seemed odd, so i go to my command
line, and see that ifpw is running and configured.

did something change in panther - ie the gui that controls the firewall
now controls another firewall package?

--alan