[CUBE] how to verify it's a cube

Allan Hise allan at hise.org
Wed Dec 24 11:27:48 PST 2003

This is going to you and the list.

In systhem profiler, in OS X at least, you could have him read you the
System version build number (I'm on 10.2.8 and it is 6R73) or the Kernel
version (6.8 in my case).

A serial number would be nice, but it may be printed on the hardware.
Boor ROM info would work (4.1.9f1 I think is the most recent).
Best yet, would be the "Sales Order Number" (In my case, it is M8328LL/A)
or "Machine Model" (mine says exactly: Power Mac G4 Cube (version=2.9).
seller is probably blowing smoke.

Of course, if the seller isn't running 10.2, the info may be different.

Allan