[CUBE] Can't boot from OS 9.0 CD

Anthony Kulesa tmandesign at mac.com
Sun Feb 2 19:51:48 PST 2003

OK, 9.0 FOUR (I must have meant to say that ;-) will boot for sure. As
will 9.1, 9.2, X, etc.
I recently had a case where Norton Utilites messed up my cube so badly
that I couldn't boot from any OS CD.
Zapping the PRAM fixed the problem. Worth a try.

Tony

On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 04:14  PM, Laurie A Duncan wrote:

> No it won't :)
>
> No Mac will boot from an OS older than what it shipped with. No Cube
> shipped
> with anything earlier than 9.04, so you'll either need to boot from the
> System Install CD that came with your Cube (which has a bootable OS on
> it -
> but has a ROM file specific to your Cube so it can't be used to
> install on a
> different computer) or boot from a 9.1 retail CD.
>
> Laurie
> --
> AOL IM/iChat: cubeownernyc
> http://www.cubeowner.com
> Home of The Mac Cube FAQ!
>

> On 2/2/03 6:55 PM, tmandesign at mac.com typeth:
>
>> try zapping the PRAM. 9.0 will boot for sure.
>>
>> tony
>>
>> On Sunday, February 2, 2003, at 07:51  AM, Kenneth Strain wrote:
>>
>>> I want to to a system install of OS 9.0 onto a firewire drive that
>>> will end
>>> up in my cube, and it says I have to boot from the CD.  Try as I
>>> might,
>>> despite switching to the Mac OS All set of extensions, turning off
>>> Techtool
>>> System Protection, and following instructions, my computer refuses to
>>> boot
>>> from the CD when I hold down "C".  Is OS 9.0 incompatible with the