[CUBE] only cube related because it's on my cube

Richard Clark mawgadog at tin.it
Mon Feb 3 12:15:18 PST 2003

Thanks frank but mine is usb i have a feeling it has nothing to do with
the drive itself because if i leave the drive disconnected from the
connector in the case system profiler still shows me it's there i tried
hooking up a dvd cd r/w from a pc to see if i could figure out if it
was the drive or the connector board but kinda did the same thing but
maybe it is because the pc drive isn't designed to work with the mac
who knows, I am convinced it is the board with the connectors also
because i think that is what controls everything and is what tells the
mac what is connected.
On Monday, Feb 3, 2003, at 18:13 Europe/Rome, Frank French wrote:

>> It just spins up and reads nothing was working fine before using toast
>> to try and do a vcd it was a Iomega USB 650 zip I say was because I
>> have it pulled apart in a million pieces in front of me now.
>
> Richard,
>
> I've seen quite a few non working FireWire burners come in, popping the
> drive into a Tower and the drive works. It seems the FireWire bridges
> are
> particularly fragile. I saw two brands of CD-RW from the same owner
> that had
> a chip on the bridge board destroyed. Haven't found a bridge board
> available
> at a reasonable price. The only one's I've found are from Granite and
> they're looking for $99.00. Though they do have a conversion kit for
> an old
> SCSI to FireWire case if anyone is fond of their old case.
>
> Frank

> Need help from a real person? Try.
> <Cube-request at lists.themacintoshguy.com>

> Mac ISP
> http://macinternetaccess.com
>
>  T3Hub  |  3 Port USB Hub weighs less than an ounce!

>    Outpost    | http://www.themacintoshguy.com/outpost.shtml

>   Dr. Bott    |    <http://www.drbott.com/prod/ADCExtension.html>

Yahoo: ozzy_wells
ICQ: 115390002