[CUBE] iMacs hit 1GHz and drop $200

Michael McPherson mcph at mac.com
Tue Feb 4 06:55:11 PST 2003

> Den 03-02-04 15.36, skrev "mentholiptus" <mentholiptus at mac.com>:
> But the Cube still has good looks. iMacs are butt ugly. :-) So there!

I think the imacs are gorgeous personally,  but they aren't for me.  My
next upgrade, in a couple of months will be a single (maybe dual if
they exist) 1.2 GHz processor for my cube which should bring it to
performance parity with the current imac (maybe even exceed).   If only
we could get internal dvd-r's   for our cubes....I'm still hoping
someone will be able to figure out how to fit one in :)

(or maybe someone (I think it was OWC) will release the idvd enabler
with a firewire one...that would rock too)

In the meantime,  my gf wants an imac, so maybe she'll get one now that
the new models are out. :)

BTW...just a random rant....I went to compusa and saw one of the imacs
there.  The screen looked absolutely brilliant.  That same day I went
to the apple store and saw one...it looked horrid (at least in
comparison).  I also looked at the new 12 inch powerbook which had a
screen that was so dark you could barely use it...I cant believe that
the screens really look that bad so I think there must be some weird
thing going on with the ambient lighting in the store.  You would think
that a company trying to push an almost all lcd lineup would design
their stores to show them off.