[CUBE] Power Consumption

Eng Yew Lee engyew_lee at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 6 13:08:16 PST 2003

Thanks folks!

So it seems that with a 20in LCD and a PL 1GHz my
consumption may be as high as 73+20+10 = 103W.

73 highest W measured in this discussion thread
20 additional wattage to drive 20in LCD rather than
15in
10 for CPU consumption, 1Ghz MPC7455 Max = 22W, 500MHz
MPC7410 = 11.9W. Not sure about L3 cache power
consuption.

As mentioned, the cube specs rate its maximum
continuous power at 205W.  I should have some headroom
as long as I dont overload my USB and Firewire ports.

I love my cube!  Its a nerds delight!

<http://www.drbott.com/prod/ADCExtension.html>