[CUBE] Just got back from the Computer Store

Eugene Fields efields at optonline.net
Thu Feb 6 13:17:01 PST 2003

Hi
  Im in the same boat. I Ordered the 17 PowerBook But when the new 20"
Display arrived I promptly cancelled the PB and Ordered the 1.42 Dualie
'quieted' model,  with the 20 Inch Cinema Display.

With all the extras I needed to make the PB a System (airport Base
station,  Case, memory, Applecare, etc) the price was the same :)

I was considering doing the upgrade on the Cube but after reading these
comments from users decided to get a whole new machine, and retire the
Cube to be my Server..

Why upgrade the Cube with all these new Technologies, I got the ATI
9700 for the Tower, that sealed the Cubes fate with its paltry 16 0r 32
ram card!  A user here is selling an ATI 9000 (or something) 32 meg ram
card for 350.!!!

LOL  get the 9700 and kiss the Cube goodbye.  Its Over.  It Will never
keep pace with the Future..I'll keep mine as I DO Love it but its a
dead end as any Discontinued Hardware is.. cie la vie

gene

On Thursday, February 6, 2003, at 03:31 PM, Neil Goldstein wrote:

> Sat down with the new 1.25 dual G4, and I must say it is a fast and
> QUIET mutha...
>
> I may be jumping ship on the Cube processor upgrade idea unless a
> working, quiet, and reasonably priced dual 800 or 1.25 mhz solution
> doesn't appear soon. I am rooting for the guys at Powerlogix, but also
> feel their pain, as Apple has come out with some pretty fast and quiet
> machines as well as lowered the cost to make them pretty compelling...
>
> Comments?
>
> Neil
Eugene Fields/MacTech Consultancy/ADC
http://homepage.mac.com/eugenefields/
631/728/8897 - cell > 516/456/0693
efields at optonline.net
Internet/Mac OS/Stabilized/Updated/Repaired

"We may learn to deprive large masses of their gravity, and give them
absolute levity, for the sake of easy transport." -Ben Franklin, 1780