[CUBE] PL 1.2 Shipping!

Arturo Pérez arturo at ethicist.net
Thu Feb 6 22:14:57 PST 2003

On Friday, February 7, 2003, at 12:59  AM, Laurie A Duncan wrote:

> On 2/7/03 12:42 AM, arturo at ethicist.net typeth:
>
>> I like that.  You used 120% of a CPU.  One way of looking at it is
>> that
>> you're second CPU contributed 20% more oomph for this simple test.
>>
>> You wouldn't happen to have a single 800 laying around, would you?
>
> Alas, I do not. At least not in Cube form :) Lots of towers at work I
> can
> test. A 733 maybe?

Sure.  Just trying to understand or quantify the differences between
your
systems and mine.  For example, your dual was 1.7X faster than my
single 450.
But the clocks show it should be 1.8X faster.  Going on these numbers
all
your speed up is from the faster CPU, not the duality.

The other odd thing about your numbers.  Your system CPUsecs was 0.94.
But the
elapsed time was only 0.88? That also implies that both CPUs were
involved.

Thanks.