[CUBE] Sound volume too low with new 20in LCD

Riba riba at hi.hinet.hr
Sat Feb 8 05:24:58 PST 2003

On Saturday, February 8, 2003, at 12:22 PM, Chris Searles wrote:

> on 08.02.2003 5:38 Uhr, Todd Masco at cube-list-local at babayaga.org
> typed
> vigorously:
>
>> Yes.  Apple recommends that you plug the speakers in through the Cube
>> USB port - the speakers have unique power requirements that are
>> addressed by the main unit's USB ports.
>
> Pardon my ignorance, but why DID they work with the 15" then?

Apple said that ADC monitors are fine for Cube speakes - they are built
to provide the required power. If your speakers sound considerably more
silent either they forgot about that with their new 20" monitor or
something is wrong and you should contact Apple about it. In any case,
let us know what happens, because I'm about to get one of these
displays and I'm counting on that feature.