OT: automatically naming mp3s

Francois Barbary franc-b at shaw.ca
Sun Feb 9 16:45:07 PST 2003

Hi everyone. I used to use applescript quite allot, back on my pwr mac
7100/80. with 7.6.
but that was along time ago... Heres my situation... I have a whole
bunch of CD's and a word doc. the word doc is formated like this

"Trance CD VI
1.  DJ Sammy & Yanou – Heaven (Original)
2.  Paul Van Dyke – Second Sun (Empire Remix)
3.  Ayla – Angelfalls"    etc

when i put the disk into my cube it cant read the id3 tags that have
(supposedly) been recorded on the audio files. but i was wondering if
someone could help me write a script that takes the text from the doc.
and put it into my itunes cd song info before i rip it.

so it must 1) read the artist, (after the period and space, up to the
space and hyphen) put it in the artist, for the correct track number,
2) then read the title (anything after the hyphen) and put that in the
title, and put the track number in the track number field.

any help would be greatly apprecieted.
Francois