[CUBE] Cube with custom case ends at $1312.87

Todd Masco cube-list-local at babayaga.org
Sun Feb 9 16:49:20 PST 2003

> > Cube with (large) custom case on eBay ended today for $1312.87:
> >
> > http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=3400560525
> >
> > Included 15^T LCD.
>
> Where do your feet & legs go when you sit down to use it?

It's not a desk, it's a display case - I have no intention of using it
as a desk.  Here's what the seller told me about it:

"It was some sort of promotional gig by Appnet back in the dot come days
(they used to be the nation's largest web design firm before being
acquired by Commerce One)... rumor has it it cost about 10K a piece to
have these 2 custom made. They were supposed to be eye-catchers for
clients as they walked in the door but I don't think the company ever
really used them. I found them in storage and bought it from them a
while back but now I need the cash, it saddens me to part with it :).
The designer is some sort of famous Georgetown designer who's website is
www.surfaceproject.com"

It'll probably be quite a while before I actually set it up, in the
computer room in my future hose - it'll go into safe storage for now.

	-- Todd