[CUBE] Cube with custom case ends at $1312.87

Laurie A Duncan laurie at cubeowner.com
Mon Feb 10 10:30:31 PST 2003

On 2/10/03 12:53 PM, gnarlodious at cybermesa.com typeth:

> Sniping is the slimy bidding practice of entering a bid 20 seconds before
> the auction closes. You know they can't enter a bid in the short time
> remaining.

What some call slimy, others call strategy. There is nothing illegal or
unethical about it - although using one of the paid sniping services I do
believe crosses the line into unethical.

A bid is a bid - whether it's placed 20 minutes before the auction closes or
20 seconds or 2 seconds. When I am bidding on something I really want, I
will gladly sit at my desk, with several browsers open, constantly
refreshing, during the last minute of an auction and do whatever I need to
do to be the last, and highest bid.  I have won auctions in the last few
seconds using this practice and make no apologies for it. If you want, you
do whatever is legally within your right to do. The last 20 seconds of an
auction count just as much as the other 3 or 7 or 10 days.

Laurie
--
AOL IM/iChat: cubeownernyc
http://www.cubeowner.com