[CUBE] PL 1.2 Review

David Flory daflory at pacbell.net
Mon Feb 10 10:34:30 PST 2003

On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 05:33  AM, Anders Bogdan wrote:

> I've been seriously considering the 1.2 upgrade, but I'm torn between
> keeping my cube in its original state and buying a new mac,  or buying
> the upgrade and getting another year out of the cube. The sleep issue
> is a complete show stopper and has made up my mind. I only reboot for
> installs (and warcraft III hoark-ups) and would find daily reboots
> intolerable. I can't believe Powerlogix thinks that's acceptable!

I installed an early 1 Gig board and haven't had problem one. Of course
I've always set energy saver to not sleep the cpu, sleep the monitor
and spin down the drives when possible. As demonstrated in the recent
power draw figures, the draw is negligible, about as much as a little
night lite.

Fair winds and happy bytes,
-
  Dave Flory, San Jose, CA.  daflory at pacbell.net  Go Sea Kayaking!!