[CUBE] problem with ethernet on cube

Denis McGowan auaad403 at wombat.zaq.ne.jp
Mon Feb 10 22:28:05 PST 2003

On Monday, February 10, 2003, at 09:47 AM, Richard Clark wrote:

> can't seem to figure out if it is my cube or osx 10.2

   I also had a problem with Mail after installing osx 10.2 and wondered
the same thing.  The problem was somewhat different: Mail locked up and
I kept getting the notice "SMTP server:...rejected the Password.
Re-enter or cancel."  Re-entering password brought same result.  If I
cancelled, then Mail "unexpectedly" quit.
   I tried in order: Restart, Shutdown and Restart, Disk Repair, and
fresh Install with no result.  Finally I did the Unthinkable: I dragged
the Mail Folder to the Trash and clicked the Mail Icon in the Dock.
Mail came up beautifully with empty" In" and "Sent"  files.  Address
Book was not affected because for some reason it was in a different
place (not that I put it there.)  When I clicked on Get Mail, 1,456
messages (mostly CUBE List!!) came pouring in from the Server.
   I don't know how to explain this.  But I wonder if there is something
in osx 10.2 that makes it quircky with Internet settings and Mail.