[CUBE] DVR-105 $149 at Staples.com

Thubten Kunga Kunga at FutureMedia.org
Sun Feb 16 13:54:24 PST 2003

No Problem Hal. It will work find that way. Check out the new version
of the hack that lets you keep you core in the case and only involves
unscrewing and rescrewing 12 screws.
<http://homepage.mac.com/tracer302/bluecube/PhotoAlbum32.html>

DVR-105 $149 at Staples.com

I picked up a double male connector and a long Y splitter at Fry's
today for $3. I'm going to use the double male to just add one of many
flat IDE cables I have laying around for just 12 inches more or maybe
the whole 18 inches if it will still work.

The Y Splitter is the kind that daisy chains from the male to a first
female and then continues on to a second female with a second set of
lines running out of the first female to the second. So without the
first female connected it is an 18" single power extension cable.

I couldn't find a round IDE extension cable there like what we've found
online. I have so many flat ones laying around that I don't see the
point of going that way if I can get it to work with one of these.

I also bought a new "Cendyne" 16x DVD-ROM, 48x24x48x CD-RW drive at
Fry's for $70 after $30 rebate. I will test that drive to see if our
Cubes see it. It's a SAMSUNG model SM-348. I have two cubes. So I want
to be able to have them both use external burners with your hack. Will
let you know how it goes.