[CUBE] Is my Firewire dead ?

Jean-Pierre Nouet jpnouet at free.fr
Mon Feb 17 04:06:33 PST 2003

Le dimanche, 16 fév 2003, à 22:23 Europe/Paris, Miguel Duran a écrit :

> Hi,
>
> Since today I cannot mount my external Maxtor firewire HD anymore.
> It's just
> gone... I have run the hardware test cd and on the hardware profile
> tab I
> could read 'Firewire not present'.
>
> What's going on here ? Is my firewire port (both of them) dead ? Just
> like
> that ?
>
> If this is so, what can I do about it. Worst case scenario, could I
> use m
> external HD through USB ?
>
> I'm running 10.2.3

I had this kind of problem with my Cube. During more than one year, a
FireWire port on both did not go any more.

No software operation of repair functioned. Two or three times I
dismounted the Cube and his battery. 48 hours, 72 hours, but that did
not go more.

Finally, I dismounted the Cube and I left on holiday. 15 days later, I
went up the Cube and FireWire went impeccably.

Strange but real

(Translated from French to English by Sherlock)
--
JPN