[CUBE] Anyone know if this would work in a Cube?

François Menu frmen at wanadoo.fr
Mon Feb 17 04:11:22 PST 2003

Le dimanche, 16 fév 2003, à 03:30 Europe/Paris, John Allan a écrit :

>> Anyone know if this would work in a Cube?
>>
>> http://www.quietpcusa.com/acb/
>> showdetl.cfm?&DID=8&Product_ID=41&CATID=5
>

> The answer is probably not, but I am guessing on what these images
> show,
> see:
>
> http://www.tech-report.com/reviews/2003q1/zalman-zm80/index.x?pg=1

This obviously is to big to fit in the Cube, but the use of a heat pipe
has made me wonder if a heat pipe could be used to transfert the heat
from the graphics card to the processor heat sink in the central
chimney.

I'm not sure if the processor heat sink could handle the extra heat
(maybe with a bottom fan), and the heat pipe will have to be designed
specifically for the Cube (if there is a possible path from the
graphics card to the central heat sink), but this could be some sort of
ultimate hack for the Cube! :-)

--
François Menu
frmen at wanadoo.fr