Powerlogix requires software?

Oliver Köll ok at quimby.de
Fri Feb 21 06:24:00 PST 2003

Hi all,

just received my Powerlogix 1Ghz G4 Series 100 Upgrade (Yum) and being
about to open up my Cube.

After reading the instructions, i'm a little confused about whether it
will require software for enabling the L3 cache.

The instructions say: "software is required to enable the L3 on the
PowerForce G4 Series 100" and i should download it from
<http://www.powerlogix.com/downloadsOSXL3.tar.gz>.

When i download that URL i get an application named "Cache Control X
2.1b4".

Later the instructions say: "Cache Control X software is not compatible
or required with the PowerForce G4 Series 100 cards.."

One the website they say "No software is needed for Series 100 cards"

I'm utterly confused. Do i need software now, and if so which one do i
need?

And while i'm asking: how can i make sure the L3 cache is enabled? Will
i be able to see it in System Profiler?

Okay, i'm going to do the hardware stuff now. If you don't hear back
from me, i will probably have destroyed my Cube :-)

Cheers, Oliver